Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sara’s Ecstatic with the Results of her Breast Augmentation

Breast Augmentation, Interview

26 year old Sara (user name: HottMama) realized at a young age that she was very underdeveloped for girls her age. As she got older, she eventually settled down and had a family, giving birth to two children. She was very distraught at the lack of volume seen in her breasts after breastfeeding her infants. She had already been considering a breast augmentation for a considerable amount of time, but finally decided to take the appropriate steps to undergo this procedure. She discussed this with her husband, and upon deciding to undergo a breast augmentation, began doing as much research as possible. After talking to friends, family, and going on for consultations, she finally had her surgery done on December 1, 2008 by Dr. Andre De Greef. She strongly benefited from using Make Me Heal’s Breast Augmentation Message Board for guidance.

Sara’s advice for anyone having plastic surgery:

“Do as much research as you can, ask a million and one questions. Read every sticky on makemeheal.com and take your time deciding. It’s a lot of money to fork out for something you ‘might’ want to do.”

Please join us below for an interview with Sara:

Make Me Heal: When did you first have the idea to have your procedure(s)?

Sara: When I was 16 and very underdeveloped.

Make Me Heal: What were your motivations (physical, emotional, social, etc.) behind your decision to have the procedure(s)?

Sara: Having successfully breastfeeding my two children and the lack of volume my breasts had afterwards.

Make Me Heal: How long did it take you to make a decision and was it an easy or difficult one to make?

Sara: Very easy because of the length of time spent on researching it since I was 16.

Make Me Heal: Did your family, friends, and any other people in your close circle give you support, opposition, or did you make this decision without considering them?

Sara: I made the decision with my husband, no one else.

Make Me Heal: How did you research the procedure and come to decide on this particular procedure?

Sara: I asked a friend at work about hers, she let me touch and squeeze them. I googled everything I could possibly think of about breast augmentation.

Make Me Heal: Please discuss if you used any of Make Me Heal’s resources such as the message boards, pictures library, doctor directory and doctor reviews, and any recovery and preparation products that you used.

Sara: I actually found the site about a week before my surgery date, but the site has an abundance of information on it!

Make Me Heal: How did you come to choose your doctor?

Sara: I had one consultation with the PS that did my surgery. He did my friends breasts from work and if I look half as good as she, I would be happy!

Make Me Heal: Please discuss if you have any role in deciding the type of technique used for your surgery by the doctor, incision placements, implant brand, anesthesia type, etc.

Sara: I told him to work his magic on me and he sure did!!!!

Make Me Heal: How did you prepare for the surgery?

Sara: I didn’t prepare for the surgery physically but mentally. I did research on types of pain relief can be used, what type of tape to use for hypertrophic scars (which I suffer from).

Make Me Heal: How were you feeling the night before the surgery and on the moments before the surgery itself?

Sara: The night before I was content, I cleaned the house, made lunchs for the kids. That morning I wasn’t too nervous, more excited…..I was going to wake up with boobs!!!!!!

Make Me Heal: How was the recovery process? Please discuss what side effects you experienced? What were the worse parts of the recovery? Did anyone help you during the recovery?

Sara: My husband, Chris, did soooo much for me the first week after surgery. Heat and cold compresses worked wonders for me!

Make Me Heal: Please discuss the pain or discomfort you experienced during the recovery?

Sara: The three days after surgery were the worst for pain, I couldn’t get up using just my abdominal muscles because of the pain but it wasn’t unbareable. I still have ‘morning boob’ 29 days after surgery but it gets better day by day.

Make Me Heal: How well prepared were you for the recovery from physical, emotional, and mental respects?

Sara: I prepared for the worst……I read the horror stories. You think your recovery is going to be that bad and then when it comes time…it isn’t!

Make Me Heal: What are your top recovery tips to other patients?

Sara: Take a good 2 weeks off work…..even if you feel great after 4 days…take your time! Have someone there with your 24/7 for the first week. Don’t do anything besides pamper yourself during this time. You just went through a huge life changing surgery!!

Make Me Heal: How long did you take off from work? What did you tell your co-workers about taking this time off? Did anyone notice your cosmetic procedures at work and what did you tell them if they asked about it?

Sara: I took 3 weeks off. I was scheduled to go back 9 days after surgery but didn’t feel ready. I told one woman about my surgery, noone else. So far noone has noticed, that I know of. I’m not sure what I would say if they asked me about it.

Make Me Heal: How happy are you with the results?

Sara: I am estatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make Me Heal: How has your makeover impacted your life from personal, social, career, and other respects?

Sara: I am more confident. I can wear those cute teddy’s that I couldn’t before. I feel sexier in pictures, talking to my husband…everything.

Make Me Heal: Would you have done anything differently if you had the chance?

Sara: I would keep a total secret from everyone besides family….and get them to swear that they wouldn’t tell (although sometimes that doesn’t happen!)

Make Me Heal: What is your final word of advice to other people considering the procedure(s) you had?

Sara: Do as much research as you can, ask a million and one questions. Read every sticky on makemeheal.com and take your time deciding. It’s a lot of money to fork out for something you ‘might’ want to do.

Make Me Heal: Was Make Me Heal beneficial to you along your journey?

Sara: All the women on the BA forum are wonderful and willing to answer any questions and show you pictures when asked.


from:www.makemeheal.com

0 comments: